CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

02/05/2010

You Are Wrong

Hello fellow followers of Exploratory Surgery. This will be my first post for this blog, and I was hoping to make is special and meaningful, but that all went straight to hell when I was perusing the likes of MetalArchives.com when I had a small conniption. What caused me such great pause and anguish you may ask? He is my new arch-enemy. His name: Darth_Roxor. His job: trolling ass-wipe.

I was just browsing the depths of my favorite metal site, looking up bands I already liked, to see some general information. I happened to be looking at Devin Townsend, whom I like to believe is generally accepted as a “cool dude” in the metal community. I was specifically looking up the Devin Townsend Project, that has released Ki and Addicted!, two spectacular and mind-blowing albums in my opinion. The motherfucker in question gives Addicted! a 20%. Who the fuck does that. Addicted! has culminated 6 reviews including this douchebag’s, and the other 5 reviews average to OVER A 90%! How does this guy get off scoring such a fantastic album so poorly?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sadly, I have no answer. I only know that he thinks he is “the shit”, when clearly; his time is taken up finding material people like and liberally shitting upon it. I mean, if five other people give this album more than a 90% approval rating, then we can just assume Darth_Roxor is wrong. I mean, his opinion shouldn’t count; it’s not even on par with anything similar. Clearly, he is simply wrong.

“Oh, but Justin, music is subjective, there is no right or wrong answer.” Shut the fuck up, there is. And I bet the people telling me there is a right and wrong in music are listening to Suicide Silence right now and blindly calling it metal. If you have heard Addicted! and have remembered to take the cotton out of your ears and have half a pulse, the album scores an easy 50% off the bat. I personally think the album warrants a score somewhere in the upper 80’s. It takes a special kind of bitter and wrong asshole to troll great music like this.

Darth_Roxor, go away. Nobody learned anything from your opinion. You are wrong. Kindly, go die.

-Brute-

0 comments: